Don’t you just love it where you can peacefully live in a place and just go out and ride on your boat just for fun during your relaxation time? Boaters will surely love that. Listed below are ten locations all over the United States where boaters can have the time of their lives.
Note: The list is not ordered from greatest to least or the other way around. All locations that are present on the list are picked and treated equally.
- Taking a look at the map, you will see that Seattle is the ideal place if boating and outdoor fun is your thing. Life in Seattle is all about spending more time in the outdoors, especially boating. If ever you want to reside in this city, the Lake Union and Lake Washington are two boating locations that you probably don’t want to miss.
Benton County, Arkansas
- Back then, Benton County is a secret boating paradise that’s located in the Ozark mountains. Fast forward to this day, Benton is now the third fastest growing county in the US. This is because of its clean environment, blooming economy, and of course, the 30,000 acres of water that boaters will surely enjoy.
- For boating fun, check out Beaver Lake which ranges up to 90 miles and is one of the most popular spots for boaters. Boating season almost happens every day in this location and it definitely feels like living the dream.
Tampa Bay, Florida
- Not much to say about this place, but the ever-growing waterfront development in this location is definitely a must-visit for boaters and adventurers alike.
- Boat manufacturers such as Bayliner, Sea Ray, and Skier’s Choice are most prominent in this location. The Tennessee River, which runs straight throughout downtown is the highlight of this area. You can see people fishing in the river if you stumble upon the upstream of the city.
- Reaching the end of the river, you will find the Fort Loudon Lake. However, the center of attraction of this particular area is the Tellico lake where most boat creators spend time to test their boats.
Finger Lakes, New York
- Finger Lakes is composed of eleven naturally serene lakes. You can find plenty of trouts in Seneca Lake, boaters having day cruises at the Canandaigua Lake, and families having picnics at the Cayuga Lake. These are just mentioning a few, and there’s still more out there at the rest of the lakes.
- This region has an economic increase that’s why the development of lakefront properties is also booming in the area to provide homes for boaters who want to reside in this location.
Otter Tail County, Minnesota
- Minnesota is popularly known as the “Land of the 10,000 Lakes”, but don’t be fooled just because of that recognition of some sorts. In fact, the country officially contains a total of 1,048 lakes and that’s quite a lot. Boaters will surely love to visit this place because they have the option to choose from a plethora of lakes that are scattered around the area.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Why go to Venice when you can visit Fort Lauderdale in Florida? This location is also known as the “Venice of America” because of its Venetian feel especially in Fort Lauderdale with its floating city. There are plenty of waterways and canals that weave around the city. Combine this with Florida’s year-round boating weather and you have yourself a place for boaters dream come true.
Oconee County, South Carolina
- In this location, you will find the Lake Keowee and its neighboring Lake Jocassee. Both of these lakes are surprisingly quiet so if you’re a person who wants to have a peace of mind while boating then this place is for you. The region is located at the edge of the Appalachian Mountains and has become a popular spot for boaters.
- The highlight of this area is the Highland Lakes region of Texas. This region has a string of six lakes that are known for boating and fishing alike. This place, however, is known as a retirement area. But not all of them though, because there are also younger people residing in the region because of its healthy economy.
- The most popular of the waterways are the two lakes closest to the city of Austin which are the Lake Austin and Lake Travis. Both lakes have their own advantages and its up for boaters which one should they choose for their boating escapade.
San Diego, California
- When we say San Diego, most people think that it’s a place where the sun is always at its peak where rain is nowhere to be found. And that is probably true! In fact, if you ever visit this place, you won’t have to worry about the weather because it’s pretty much sunny every day anyway.
- The highlight of this area is the Mission Bay, where boaters will just relax and pass the time while having floating cookouts. There are also some who sails to the Catalina island just to hang out or just for an overnight getaway. Boaters are also treated like family in this location because they are important for the local economy. If you had wads of cash with you (since every home here is expensive anyway), then you can rent or buy a home in this area and start living the dream.